Classes of hosting solutions
A hosting service implies stockpiling and/or sharing certain web content on a web server administered by a website hosting distributor. There are different types of hosting services used for different goals, so let's study them. Doing so, you can determine what you need, depending on whether you'd like to own a website, e-mailbox accounts, or to share files with pals and associates.
- File hosting: a solution provided by certain providers, which lets you share immense files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a record of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage plans are often supported by showing ads by the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a given period of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you run a paid file hosting package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely inappropriate explanation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would allot the tasks at hand between independent packs of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving various website hosting services (email, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is only a variety of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; specific distributors offer a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting variant is appropriate if you desire to share a large amount of pictures with mates or associates since the solution is commonly free of cost. You will get a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service committed to administering your electronic mail accounts. Some providers provide hosting solutions for websites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting solution. If you would like to possess an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to run a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can open e-mail box accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of availing of this method in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file produces a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video clips and a few hundred web site visitors, you may have a problem with your website hosting quotas. Embedding the video will enable you to have as many video clips as you wish without worrying about system quotas.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to run a website. To some extent, it comprises all of the aforementioned hosting categories since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and email box accounts, upload video files, etc. At Hunsley Hosting, for instance, you can take a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated server hosting packages that allow you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one single place. There may be limitations based on the sort of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your webspace hosting account may be better or worse in comparison with the common email/file/video/image hosting packages that are tailored for particular content solely.